The game is the first entry in the Oregon Trail series, and
has since been released in many editions by various developers and
publishers who have acquired rights to it, as well as inspiring a number
of spinoffs (such as The Yukon Trail and The Amazon Trail) and the parody The Organ Trail.
May 15, 2021 Subject:
A couple tips
1. The management password is "boom" (without quotes). Not that anybody needs to know that anymore, but at least that is now recorded for posterity.
2. The keyboard settings in the System Folder are set to British rather than American by default. This basically means that the bottom row of letters is shifted to the right by one if you use an American keyboard.
May 22, 2020 Subject:
Classic Game... was good,
This was a really good game, until I decided to try and get a high score. Unlimited score:
1. Start as a teacher:
2. Load up on spare parts..
3. Fill wagon with food. ( hunting gets scarce is not true).
4. Race to 10 Mi from end.
5. Trade every thing off for clothes, sell clothes, except 1.
6. Trade 1 oxen for 1 clothing. ( $5 profit ).
7. Trade 2 clothing for 1 oxen. Realize profit.
8. Repeat until you have as much money as you want, then walk the last 10 miles to High score.
9. Sell(Trade) off when you get to 50 clothes. ( 275 to 300 )
When I found this, I set all the high scores in a lab to 100,000, name 'The Cook'
February 14, 2018 Subject:
File not loading
The WA SM binary file isn't loading, making this game unplayable. Will check back. (Feb. 14, 2018)
December 26, 2017 Subject:
Fun Retro Game
I'm glad I was able to finally play The Oregon Trail, I never had it growing up. I made it to the Willamette Valley on my first try, but it was challenging enough to be entertaining. Perhaps the other reviewer died of dysentery?
November 29, 2017 Subject: